Come grow with us!
At SGN Trees, we are excited to branch into another year of growing healthy trees, deep roots, and strong communities. Just like the trees we grow: our story is rooted in history. As we reflect on our first planting in 1999 and the roots we have cultivated since then, we also look ahead towards the future we envision for SGN trees in the next 20 years.
Holding true to our core values, we strive towards these guiding principles in all areas of our nursery:
- Stewardship – We seek to responsibly care for the land we manage, the community we live in, and the employees we work with. We seek to grow opportunities for future generations on our family farm.
- Hard Work & Perseverance – With a pioneering spirit and curiosity of new ideas, we strive to excel at our endeavors and be the best at what we do.
- Honesty & Integrity – We will treat all customers, employees, & business partners with respect and fairness. We desire to be known for our trustworthiness and accountability.
- Simplicity – Through patience, efficiency, & productivity, we will maintain focus on the simple truths we value in farming and relationships.
- Diversity – We believe in exploring diverse ideas and methods so that the best quality tree and service can be provided in a consistent, reliable manner.
The 2020 season brought many challenges and opportunities. Our team took on the uncertainty of the early spring shutdown and persevered through the anxiety of the times. Our customers worked hard to meet the demands of the day, and we worked hard alongside them to help get the job done. Our trees soaked in the sun and rain and did their job filling out, ready for the next season ahead. Amid it all we moved into our new office/shed location and kept planting & harvesting trees!
The fields of our nursery and our lives are ready for the season ahead – ready to grow and flourish. We hope you will join us this season as we cultivate deeper roots and relationships that will grow for many years to come!
Jamie & Becky Thomas